Robert Allan Kahn, PartnerPhone: 818.8-KAHN-LAW (818-888-9171)
Fax: (818) 888-7611
Attorney Robert Kahn has been practicing law for the better part of 30 years. Born in New York and raised in Encino, Robert knew he wanted to be a lawyer at a very young age. His father, a notable inventor and scientist had hoped otherwise – but ended up with in-house counsel regardless. A graduate of UCLA and Loyola, Mr. Kahn quickly established himself as a proficient and well regarded personal injury attorney, practicing as a senior associate for a number of successful firms throughout Los Angeles for many years. After establishing his own firm in 1986, Robert would spend the next two decades building a stellar reputation as a dedicated trial attorney and superior malpractice litigator. Named a Southern California Super Attorney two years in a row, he most recently partnered with Jonathan Roven in 2014. When he’s not at the office, Robert, like his father, enjoys tinkering with the latest gadgets, piloting helicopters and attending plays with his wife.
Areas of Practice
EducationLoyola Law School, Loyola Marymount University Law JD – Juris Doctor, 1979 University of California – Los Angeles Economics BA – Bachelor of Arts, 1975
- Partner at Kahn Roven, LLP, 2014 – present
- Partner/Owner/Founder at Law Offices of Robert A. Kahn, 1986–2014
- Adjunct Professor at Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, 2009–2010
- Senior Associate at Lewitt, Hackman, Shapiro, Marshall & Harlan, 1982–1986
- Senior Associate at Burris Karp & Mooney, 1979–1982
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2014
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2013
- Valley Community Legal Foundation Certificate of Appreciation, San Fernando Valley Bar Association, 2003
- Valley Community Legal Foundation Certificate of Appreciation, San Fernando Valley Bar Association, 2002
Membership and OrganizationsAdmitted to Practice, Supreme Court of California, 1980 – present. Admitted to Practice, United States District Court for the Central District of California, 1980 – present. Admitted to Practice, United States District Court for the Eastern District of California, 1992 – present. Admitted to Practice, United States District Court for the Southern District of California, 1980 – present. Admitted to Practice, United States Court of Appeals For the Ninth Circuit, 1980 – present. Member, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, 1984 – present. Member, Consumer Attorneys of California, 1984 – present. Member, San Fernando Valley Bar Association, 1984 – present. Admitted, State Bar of California, 1979 – present. Member, Calabasas Chamber of Commerce, 2000 – 2005.
- Expert Witnesses, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Los Angeles Lawyer Magazine, March 2005