Nursing home residents’ rights are actual legal as well as moral rights of those who are residing in nursing homes. There were many worries about nursing home conduct that was well below the standard of care, and therefore the legislature decided to pass law that would thwart this bad conduct.
In California especially, there were extra laws that were passed in order to further protect those nursing home residents. For instance, there are further protections against arbitration contracts with those California nursing home residents.
Here is a partial list of the Bill of Rights for Nursing Home Residents:
• Be free from verbal, sexual, physical and mental abuse
• Be free from physical or chemical restraints
• Receive care from adequate personnel
• Receive care to prevent and reduce bedsores and incontinence
• Reside in a facility which is clean, sanitary, and in good repair
Nursing home resident rights can be convoluted and lengthy. If you have a potential nursing home legal issue, you will probably want to consult with an attorney who is knowledgeable about this area of law. Call the Woodland Hills nursing home attorneys at Kahn Roven by calling toll-free 844-9-INJURED. Don’t delay, call today.