Recently, climatologists have predicted that torrential downpours will soon visit southern California. While any precipitation is welcome in the Golden State, which is experiencing a severe drought, the coming storms may also bring trouble to severely impacted areas, such as floods, mudslides, and other natural disasters. Those in less impacted areas are not completely safe, either. A hazard as seemingly minor as a wet floor – a very common sight in rainy weather – has the potential to cause devastating injuries in a slip and fall accident.
To significantly lower your risk of becoming a trip and slip accident victim in the rainy season, please follow the tips below:
- While walking, look out for slick spots and avoid walking on liquid spills.
- Before entering any interior space from outdoors, wipe your shoes thoroughly on a doormat.
- Don’t turn too sharply or your feet may go out from under you.
- Do not run on the stairs, use the handrails, if available, and inform the appropriate authority if you spot any slip and fall hazards.
- Get shoes with effective non-skid, gripping soles. Avoid walking in shoes with worn, smooth soles.
- Always be alert of your surroundings, your safety, and the safety of others. As long as you keep safety in mind, chances are you won’t get into an accident.
If you do get injured in a slip and fall accident on public or private premises, report the accident to the property supervisor right away and get medical attention. Then contact the Woodland Hills personal injury law firm of Kahn Roven for legal help. You may be entitled to compensation for your losses.