Los Angeles Head on Car Accident Attorneys
Head-On Car Collision
During a head-on collision, the front of one motor vehicle strikes the front of another. These types of accidents are among the most serious crashes, and they are capable of resulting in devastating injuries and even death. Even though head-on collisions make up only about 2 percent of all traffic collisions, they account for approximately 10 percent of all fatal traffic accidents.
If you have been the victim of a head-on collision, in addition to emotional trauma, you are likely dealing with mounting medical expenses, wages lost due to time away from work and a host of other related costs. You may be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries, damages and losses especially if the head-on crash was caused by another motorist's negligence or wrongdoing. If you have been injured in a head-on collision, please contact Kahn Roven, LLP to find out how we can help you.
How Head-On Collisions Occur
Typically, head-on collisions occur when one vehicle crosses a centerline or a median and strikes an oncoming vehicle. A head-on crash can also occur when one driver travels the wrong way on a road. Common causes of this type of driving behavior include:
- Drunk driving: Drunk drivers are more likely to lose control and enter oncoming traffic.
- Distracted driving: Drivers who are texting or talking on the cell phone often drift off their lanes and cause head-on crashes.
- Improper passing: Drivers should use caution when entering oncoming traffic to pass a slower vehicle. It is necessary to avoid these types of risky driving behaviors.
- Failing to yield: Someone about to turn left can cause a head-on collision by failing to yielding to oncoming traffic.
- Vehicular malfunction: Drivers can lose control if any of their vehicle's components are defective or malfunction.
- Excessive speed: Speeding motorists are more likely to lose control and swerve into oncoming traffic.
- Fatigued driving: We also see an increasing number of drowsy drivers entering opposing lanes of traffic and causing devastating head-on collisions.
The magnitude of the forces involved in a head-on crash means that the occupants can potentially suffer fatal injuries. Head-on crashes often result in traumatic brain injuries, multiple bone fractures, spinal cord injuries, amputations, burn injuries, neck injuries and more. Surviving victims will need immediate and continued medical attention. The family of people killed in a head-on car accident will need legal guidance to get them much-needed support for their losses.
Injured victims of head-on collisions can receive financial support for their medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and other related damages by filing a claim against the at-fault driver. The family of someone killed in a head-on car accident can pursue support for funeral expenses, lost future wages, loss of companionship and other related damages.
Getting the Help You Need
A Los Angeles car accident attorney will help review your case and work diligently to get you the support you need. Make sure you understand the potential value of your claim before accepting a settlement or making any legal decisions. Please contact our law offices at (888) 366-5854 or (844) 9-INJURED to schedule a free consultation and comprehensive claim evaluation.